Department of Civil Engineering
Welcome to the Department of Civil Engineering. The department of Civil Engineering is established in the year 1992 – from the beginning of college, with the intake of 60 later on it is increased up to 120. The department has well-qualified and experienced faculty. All are post-graduates with avg. experience of 10 years. Three Faculties have completed their Ph.D. and seven are Pursuing their Ph. D. The department is well equipped with spacious laboratories, which cater to testing of materials as well as academic needs. Today’s civil engineer should possess in depth Civil Engineering skills for analysis, design, construction and maintenance of various structures, computer, managerial and communication skills for better management of various structures. He should be also trained to understand and solve real world problems in Civil Engineering. Our main aim is to educate individuals to become the leaders of the profession. Our undergraduate program showcases several disciplines within civil engineering and provides our students with a sound and broad education that prepares them for professional practice. The program emphasizes interdisciplinary team work, communication skills, tools and skills for professional practice, and lifelong learning. We strive to ensure that our graduates understand professional ethics and the value of service to their profession and society through involvement in community, state, and national organizations.
Finally, I would like to invite you to browse through our website and to feel free to contact us with any questions or additional information that you may desire. We appreciate your interest, look forward to your involvement with us, and certainly do hope to meet you.
To contribute the sustainable development by providing skilled technical manpower with ethical and moral values.
Our mission is to provide quality technical education programmes in Civil Engineering that will develop competent manpower to serve the nation.
We are committed to:
- To become a centre of advance knowledge in civil Engineering & Environmental Science which fulfill the needs of industry and services to economy.
- To enhance linkage with alumni and industry.
- To develop professional attitude and essential entrepreneurial skills.
- To develop department library.
- To improve industry institute interaction.
Our core values are:
- Environmental sustainability
- Social awareness
Program Outcomes (POs)
At the end of successul completion of program, the graduates will be able to,
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineeringproblems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutionsin societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- A broad education is necessary to understand practical problems and to suggest best possible and economical solution for the problem
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to succeed in competitive examinations in govt and private organizations after successful accomplishment (degree) by professional development and/or industrial training course(s) certification
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’S)
At the end of successul completion of program, the students should be able to,
- Define the basic principles of science, mathematics for engineering applications.
- Develop a high level of expertise to succeed profession and research.
- Identify properties of modern composite materials and their behaviors to apply for practical needs by modern practices.
- Experiment in life-long learning for the design of systems or components their-off to satisfy set criteria within realistic economical, societal ethical and sustainability.
- Analyze hazards and pertaining economical mitigations during productivity targeting incident and injury free culture to enhance health, safety and environment.
- Construct leadership within multidisciplinary profession, social areas and entrepreneurship.